Metal roofing in Sunnyvale, CA, is crucial for protecting your home’s structural foundation, and while certain features can be overlooked, your gutters cannot. They are necessary for keeping water away from your home’s foundation; they can create problems like rot, degradation, and damage to your landscaping. Gutter guards are a way to enhance them even further, so let’s look at all their benefits.
What are Gutter Guards?
Gutter guards are specially designed covers that cover the entire system and help reduce common debris like branches, leaves, and twigs from falling into the gutter system.
What Kinds are Available?
There are four primary types of gutter guards:
- Brush: This system is made of bristled wires aimed more toward insects and birds than leaves and debris.
- Foam: these guards are made from foam that will filter out large debris like sticks and leaves while at the same time trapping dirt.
- Mesh: This option is made from a metal mesh cover that filters out most types of debris while still letting water flow through freely.
- Perforated: these guards are made from a flat metal sheet with holes drilled in it and are efficient at keeping debris from getting inside the system.
Benefits of Gutter Guards
Gutter guards come with multiple advantages to consider, including:
- Money and time saving: The gutters catch the debris that would typically be building up in your system, this means less time spent on maintenance things and cleaning them out.
- Reduced risk of infestation: Gutter systems can be an attractive area for infestations from mice or other insects to occur. Gutter guards make it less accessible for them, which reduces the risk of them creating a home in your system.
- Alleviates gutter freezing and ice dams: The guards help prevent debris buildup, reducing the risk of blockages where standing water can build up and create an ice dam. Additionally, because there isn’t a large amount of debris in the system, the water won’t pool and freeze inside the gutters.
- Enhanced ROI: If you plan on selling your home, having a guard in place can be attractive for buyers. The guards can help improve your return on investment because they offer protection from the long-term damages the traditional uncovered gutters can create.
- Corrosion and rust reduction: If you have standing water inside the pipes, this can result in rust and premature corrosion of the entire system. A gutter guard helps remove the risk of clogging and ensures that water does not get trapped, reducing the risk of early breakdown.
When You Need Professional Installation, Our Team has You Covered
Gutter guards create less work for maintenance, but when you need to complete cleaning, it will be a less messy and extensive experience. Every aspect of your home is crucial, and whether you’re looking for a gutter guard installation or new metal roofing in Sunnyvale, CA, we would love to help. We are a locally owned company that takes great pride enough you’re offering our community exceptional services and installation, so contact us today.